What personal data do we collect?
We log your Internet Protocol (IP) address in order to receive and send information from and to you over the internet.
When you register with us, visit our website, use our services, make an enquiry, order products or services from us, you may be asked to provide some personal data such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. We automatically collect data about visitors to our website. This data is used only in an anonymous form; no individual is identified.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to provide goods and services to you or your organisation, to let you know about other goods and services in which you may be interested, and to process any on-line payments.
We may also use your personal data to carry out research about our visitors' and clients' demographics, interests and behaviour. We do this to better understand our visitors, clients and potential clients. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
When you give us personal data, those data may be sent electronically to servers anywhere in the world and may be used, stored and processed anywhere in the world, including countries outside the European Economic Area.
To whom might we disclose your personal data?
We may pass your personal data to anyone who needs the data in order to fulfil your order(s) for our goods and services, or process any payment. Some of these may be located outside the European Economic Area.
Except as set out above, we will not disclose your personal information unless we are obliged to do so or allowed to do so, by law, or where we need to do so in order to run our business (for instance where we outsource services or other people process data for us).
You may at any time request us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to do this please contact us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed as 100% secure, but we take appropriate steps to try to protect the security of your personal data.
If you want to request any information about your personal data, please contact us.
Inaccuracies and Corrections
We would like to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. If you become aware of any errors or inaccuracies please let us know by contacting us.
Email marketing communications
Where you receive a marketing email, event invitation or other direct mailing from us, we may collect information about you to determine whether you have visited our site and which sections you have viewed to enable use to make our communications more relevant for you.
If you do not want us to collect information as to whether you have visited our site from email communications you will need to unsubscribe. We will automatically log this information on our database, and your preference will be maintained on a ‘marketing suppression list’.
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data that we process as data controllers.
If we process your personal data and you exercise any of your rights we will aim to respond promptly and within any required time limit. However, please note that the length of time it will take us to respond will be dependent on the nature and extent of your request.
You have a right to:
- access – you can ask us for a copy of the personal data that we hold on you
- rectification – if you become aware of any errors or inaccuracies concerning your personal data, please let us know either by updating your details on the website or applications you are registered with or contacting us
- withdraw consent – where we process personal data based on consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time. To stop receiving direct marketing emails from us or any other withdrawals of consent please contact us
- erasure/deletion- you can ask us to erase or delete your personal data when we no longer need it for the purposes it was obtained
- data portability- you can ask for your personal data to be sent to you or to another organisation
- restrict or object to our processing - you can ask to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data (eg removal from a marketing subscription list).
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.